Looking for a process to clear up disk space for QuickBooks? If yes, then your search ends here. One might face different error messages about the requirement of more hard drive space to finish the task being performed on QuickBooks. This would bring up certain error messages: There isn’t enough space on drive C: to extract this package, or free some hard drive space. QuickBooks is running slowly, or “Error: There is not enough free space”. There can be a couple of factors causing this issue, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Steps to clear up disk space for QuickBooks desktop
The user can try to perform the below set of steps to get rid of the junk and clean up disk space in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
Step 1: The first step is to check the hard drive
- The user needs to first select the windows start menu.
- Now, enter file explorer into the search and open the file explorer.
- Select my computer from the navigation bar.
- After that right-click the icon for the hard drive.
- Once done with that select properties. The user will see the free space available in the window.
Step 2: Make space on the hard drive
- At first, Clean up your disk
- Now, clear your temp folder
- After that, remove programs you don’t use
- Now, clean up the photos and documents
- Also, refresh the install file
Step 3: try to upgrade
- If the user is using QuickBooks enterprise, then considering cloud hosting services is recommended.
- Or if the user plans to upgrade the computer, then ensure you are ready to move QuickBooks to the new system
Read also: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 1310?
By the end of this post, we expect that the information shared in above might be of some help in getting rid of the junk files and clearing up disk space in QuickBooks. However, if you are unable to do so even after performing the steps above, then make sure to connect with our QuickBooks Premier Support team right away at +1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with instant support services. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support services.