If you are searching for the complete process to eliminate QuickBooks error code 3100, then your search ends right here. QuickBooks Error Code 3100 often occurs when the user tries to add a new customer to QuickBooks. The Customer, Vendor or Employee name or record you are trying to enter may already exist in the create Customer request. The accounting software always takes unique Full Names in Customer, Vendor or Employee data and that includes both active and inactive records. The user should check the names for the three entity types if this error appears and then rename that if necessary. This error appears on the screen stating: Customer Insert/Update Error – [CustomerName] – 3100 – The name “[CustomerName]” of the list element is already in use. To know more about such an error, make sure to read the post till the end. Or you can also contact our experts at +1(844)405-0907 and let them help you with the issue.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 3100?
The below factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks:
- Corrupted QuickBooks download or incomplete QuickBooks installation
- Or in case there is damaged Windows registry
- Attack of harmful viruses & malware can also lead to such an error
- Mistakenly deleted QB programs/files can lead to this issue
Steps to fix the issue
The user can perform the steps related to cleaning the System Junk to eliminate the error 3100. The steps to be performed are as follows:
- At first hit the start or windows button.
- After that enter the command in the search box… DO NOT hit the Enter yet..!
- And then, press the Ctrl+Shift& hit the Enter tab.
- You will be redirected to a permission dialog box.
- Later on, hit the “Yes”
- The command prompt will appear.
- Enter the “cleanmgr” & hit the Enter tab.
- Enter in cleanmgr in Run box – Screenshot Image
- Disk Cleanup will estimate the occupied disk space.
- Check the boxes & hit the OK icon.
- And you are done
Coming to the end of the post, we expect that the steps discussed above are enough to deal with the QuickBooks error code 3100 in QuickBooks. However, if there is any query or if the user needs our assistance at any point of time, then in that case reaching out to connect our QuickBooks support professionals toll free at +1(844)405-0907. We are a team of technically sound professionals who work round the clock to provide immediate support and assistance.