According to a rule by the Medical Council of India (MCI), all Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS from abroad universities need to apply for the MCI Eligibility Certificate. This certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi is proof that the Medical College in which an Indian student is seeking admission is recognized by the MCI. All Indian students who are planning to take MBBS admission abroad need to get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the MCI. In addition to this, all their academic credentials must be Apostille by the Department of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Documents required for MCI Eligibility Certificate
- A bank draft in favour of “The Secretary, Medical Council of India, New Delhi”.
- Duly filled original application form.
- Three colour passport size photographs with front view.
- Original plus three self-attested passport copies (if MBBS admission abroad has already been taken, a full visa copy as on the passport should also be provided.)
- Proof of identity (National citizen or overseas citizen of India)
- Original plus three self-attested copies of 10th standard certificates including mark-sheet and transfer certificate.
- Original plus three self-attested copies of 11th and 12th standard certificates including mark-sheets. A copy of the transfer/ migration certificate is mandatory in case of a change of school.
- Original plus three self-attested copies of 12th standard passing certificate (with the subject mentions)
- For Bihar/ Tamil Nadu board, original plus three self-attested copies of school/ college leaving certificate.
- Equivalency certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi for 12th equivalent qualifications with subject wise equivalency (For studies done overseas).
- Original plus three self-attested copies of an English translation of SC/ ST/ OBC certificate (if certificates are in a regional language).
- Original plus three self-attested copies of admission letter issued by the foreign medical college or university.
- Additional demand draft for 10 + 2 mark-sheets/ certificates verification as attached with the application form.
Step-by-step procedure to apply for an MCI Eligibility Certificate:
- The candidate is first required to register on the official website of MCI (mciindia.org) to get the MCI Eligibility Certificate.
- Once registration is completed, the candidate is required to login with the given user id and password to complete the application form.
- On logging in, the Eligibility Certificate option is available on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Click the ‘Raise a request’ option after which the application form will open.
- Carefully fill the application form with the necessary details.
- Once the application form is completely filled with all details, upload scanned copies of all the documents.
- Choose either online or offline payment mode to complete the application.
- If an online mode is selected, the fee needs to be paid through an online payment gateway.
- If offline mode is selected, a scanned copy of the demand draft needs to be uploaded and details of the DD have to be provided.
Once the application is fulfilled, the next steps will be guided by the department.
#MCI #Eligibility #Certificate #Study #MBBS