Want to know the process to get rid of QuickBooks error code 1303? If yes, then reading this post till the end will surely help. QuickBooks Error Code 1303 is a common error that can occur when installing QuickBooks or opening a company file. This error can be caused by several factors, including incorrect file permissions, damaged files, or antivirus software. Moreover, it indicates that the installer has insufficient privileges to access the path to the directory. It appears on the screen stating: “Error 1303: The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. C: Program Files GQ USB programmer. The installation cannot continue, log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.” There are a lot of other factors that trigger such an error. To know more, make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also connect with our tech support team at +1(844)405-0907 and they will provide you with instant support services.
What triggers QuickBooks Error 1303?
The following factors can lead to such an error in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- The user can end up in such an error when the installation of QuickBooks isn’t done properly
- Another reason behind the occurrence of this issue can be if there isn’t enough space in its driver
- The user can also face similar issue if the windows file-sharing settings aren’t correct
- Also, if the QuickBooks files are damaged or corrupted, then experiencing such an error in QuickBooks quite common
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 1303
The user can perform the steps below related to running the utility to get rid of the error code successfully in QuickBooks.
- The user needs to first start by clicking on the appearing link on the desktop screen and then save the file in the PC
- After that open the file and the DOS window will appear on the screen
- The user is then required to press Y at the prompt
- After executing the command, this will revert the permissions of the affected files or folder and restore the default settings
- In the next step, one might see the following pop-up: “are you sure you want to continue?”, and the user is recommended to enter y and start the script
- The user is then required to press any key and also close the DOS windows
- The last step is to install the software again and look for the prevalence of the error
By the end of this post, we expect that the reader might be able to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 1303 successfully. However, if there is any query or if you need our support services, then in that case connecting with our QuickBooks Support at +1(844)405-0907 is suggested. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide instant support services for all sorts of QuickBooks-related issues.