The Imperial College MIM program enables graduate students coming from diverse backgrounds to pursue a range of different careers in management consulting and other services. The MSc Management program is one of the most well-known programs in the world. The duration of the program is one year. If you decide to pursue the Imperial College MIM program, you would need to collect a lot of information regarding various aspects related to the school and admissions like tuition fee, the application process, placement statistics of the program, etc. All of this information is going to be covered in this post.
The last class of the Imperial College MIM program had 163 students with an average age of 22 years. Altogether, they represent 43 different nationalities. 55% of the total students were females. 52% of the total students came from Arts, 21% from Economics, 14% from Maths/Science/Medicine, 9% from Finance, etc.
The Imperial College MIM program is divided into pre-study modules, core modules and elective courses. The pre-study module covers basic areas of knowledge and is covered throughout the year.
The core modules provide knowledge in different subject areas like Accounting, Business Economics, Corporate Finance, Marketing, etc. In addition to this, students are required to choose one academic specialism, from which four electives are to be selected. Some of the areas are Finance, Strategy, Innovation, Marketing and others.
There are some requirements for the application to the Imperial College MIM program. These have been mentioned in detail here –
1) Undergraduate Degree and transcripts – The first requirement for the Imperial College MIM program is a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree.
2) GMAT Score – They recommend a minimum score of 650 or more in GMAT. A good GMAT score adds weight to the application.
3) Career Planning Questions – The career planning questions in the application should be answered in such a way that they show one’s clarity on thoughts on the kind of employer one wants to work for along with required skills and experience to land up in the desired role.
4) Resume – An updated CV of the applicant is required. Also, any internships and work experience is an added advantage and must be mentioned in the Industrial/Professional Experience section.
5) English language tests – For international students, there is a requirement for a score on one of these below-mentioned tests –
a) IELTS – A minimum score of 6.5 in each section with an overall score of 7.0 is required.
b) TOEFL iBT – A minimum score of 22 in each section with an overall score of 100 is required.
c) Duolingo English test – A minimum score of 115 in each band with an overall score of 125 is required.
6) Quantitative Experience Statement – An applicant is required to list up to five of the most quantitative courses that she/he has covered to date. Applicants need to list the main topics included and the level of study.
7) Programming/computer software experience – Applicants are required to list five computer software packages or programming languages learned. It is not mandatory to have this experience but it is helpful to let them know.
8) 2 Recommendation Letters – One of them should come from an academic referee.
9) Personal Statement – This is an opportunity to tell them about one’s motivations for applying to the Imperial College MIM program.
The application fee of £80 needs to be paid online.
The Imperial College MIM program has been quite good in terms of placement statistics. 90% of the students got job offers within 3 months of graduation. 51% of them got into consulting roles, 21% in finance and the rest got jobs in areas like IT, FMCG, leisure, etc. The average salary of their students was $63,000.
Some of the best companies that hired students from the Imperial College MIM program are Deloitte, EY, Bain & Company, IBM, etc.
The total course fee for the Imperial College MIM program is £30,700. Other than this, there are additional costs for housing, reading texts, flights, housing for optional international electives, optional internships, exchanges or trips, etc. A membership fee of £10 is charged for every career club one wants to join.
If one wants to apply to the Imperial College MIM program, then, there are many scholarships one can consider applying for. Some of them are being mentioned here –
1) Africa Regional Scholarship – This is awarded to African students and its value is up to £10,000. The deadline date to apply for this scholarship is the beginning of March.
2) Bright Network Scholarship – This is awarded to members of the Bright Network and its value is up to £10,000. The deadline date to apply for this scholarship is in the beginning of March.
3) Dean’s Impact Scholarship – This is awarded to candidates who have achieved something in areas like entrepreneurship, social impact, technology and innovation, etc. and its value is up to £20,000. The deadline date to apply for this scholarship is the beginning of March.
4) Imperial Excellence Scholarship – This is awarded to all-rounder candidates and its value is up to £20,000. The deadline date to apply for this scholarship is the beginning of March.
How to Apply
In order to apply to the Imperial College MIM program, there are no specific deadline dates. Applications are evaluated on an ongoing basis and the process gets closed when all the seats of the program are full. One needs to fill the online application form carefully. After the application is evaluated, one can be shortlisted for the interview stage.
Check here for essay tips – Application essays, Structured Thinking, Visualization, Story Telling
The interviews are conducted through their video interview platform. Sometimes, an applicant can be invited to interview through Skype or telephone. The final result is conveyed through the Imperial gateway account of the applicant. In case of granting of admission, one can accept it and pay the deposit fee to secure a seat at the Imperial College MIM program.
Since they want all-rounder students, it is certainly a good idea to put an effort to be good in different requirements of the application like GMAT score, interview, application, etc. With persistence and confidence, you can definitely pursue the program to take your career in your desired direction.
Contributor – Richa Mathur
Marketing & Brand Manager | Content Creator
Subscribe to our Youtube channel here for a variety of videos on Study Abroad, Interviews & Career Guidance.
In case you need any assistance in the application process for the MBA/MIM/MS programs across the globe, feel free to connect with our experts. Book your free consultation now!
#Imperial #College #MIM #Program #Details #Highlights #Vikings #Career