The desktop accounting program QuickBooks enables users to save their company files and perform several operations on them. However, on rare occasions, when trying to view or open a company file, they could run across QuickBooks Error 6190. Unfortunately, it often happens when a different network user accesses the same company file in single-user mode. Users can utilize the QuickBooks file doctor tool located in the QuickBooks Tool Hub to try to mend their corrupted network data files and transaction logs in order to cure this error. If you want to understand more about these troubleshooting methods, be sure to read this article completely
Need to fix QB error 6190 right away? Call 1-855-856-0042 to speak with a specialist from our technical support team.
Why is error code 6190 preventing you from accessing the company file in QuickBooks?
The primary causes of the QuickBooks error code 6190 when accessing company files include:-
- Your company’s files could be damaged or lost and need to be fixed.
- It’s conceivable that the QuickBooks software download was interrupted or that the file you used to install QuickBooks was damaged.
- Your transaction log or .tlg file might not match your company file.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 80070057
What steps can be performed to fix error code 6190 in QuickBooks?
The steps listed below can be used to fix QuickBooks error code 6190:
The QuickBooks desktop application needs to be updated to fix any internal problems.
The error might be promptly fixed if you update your QuickBooks desktop software using the guidelines below:-
- On your QuickBooks Desktop software, find and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option under the Help menu.
- Once you’ve decided to update QuickBooks Desktop, head to the Update Now page.
- Lastly, restart your computer to begin installing the updates after choosing Get Updates.
Rename your network data files and transaction log files to undo any damage.
You can fix the network data files and transaction log files by following these steps:-
- Using File Explorer on your computer, find and open the folder holding your QuickBooks company files.
- Rename all the files with the same name as the company-owned files but have the .nd and .tlg extensions.
- To rename the files, you must add the .old extension as a suffix.
- After renaming each file, check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Use the QuickBooks file doctor tool, which is located in the QuickBooks tool hub, to repair damaged company files.
Follow the steps below to run the QuickBooks file doctor program, which will find and correct any problems with company files:-
- After downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official Intuit website, install it in a handy area.
- To access the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, go to the Company File Issues section of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After the tool has fixed your company files, make sure to check if the error has been eliminated.
These steps can be used to resolve QuickBooks error 6190. It is recommended to maintain your QuickBooks updated to avoid such issues and to benefit from the newest features and upgrades. Try out these instructions after reading them thoroughly. Call us at 1-855-856-0042 to speak with a member of our technical staff immediately if the error continues.
Read more: QuickBooks Error ps036