The SDA Bocconi MIM program is one of the most recognized programs in Europe. Therefore, pursuing an M.Sc. program in management from Bocconi is a good idea for students who are clear about building their careers in management areas of different industries. The institute is ranked among the best in Europe and also the world. If you decide to apply to the SDA Bocconi MIM program, you would be required to search for a lot of information about the program, its structure, application requirements, etc. All of this information and more has been compiled in this post for your convenience.
The first year of the SDA Bocconi MIM program is divided into 2 semesters. The first semester includes topics like Planning and Control, Leading people, etc. while the second semester includes areas like Financial Planning and Managing Corporate Growth.
The second year of the SDA Bocconi MIM program includes four courses in one of the majors proposed by the school. Some of the majors are Fashion, Luxury and Made in Italy, Sustainability, Finance, Sport Management, etc. Then there is an internship that is compulsory for all the students.
Let us see some of the application requirements for the SDA Bocconi MIM program.
1) GMAT/GRE Score – They do not require particular scores in these exams. They just need the total score (Verbal and Quantitative sections) of the GMAT or online version of the GRE exam is accepted.
2) Undergraduate degree – Preference is given to those applicants whose undergraduate degree is still underway or was finished less than 2 years of applying to the SDA Bocconi MIM program.
3) Resume and personal statement – Motivation letters/CV should be in English.
4) There is an option of uploading a video presentation in English on the Kira Talent platform. It is not mandatory.
5) English language tests – For international students, there is a comprehensive list of all the tests and minimum scores in them to apply. Some of them are mentioned below –
a) IELTS – A minimum score of 6 is required with at least 5.5 in each section.
b) TOEFL iBT – A minimum score of 88 is required.
c) Duolingo English test – A minimum score of 110 is required.
The placement statistics of the SDA Bocconi MIM program are quite good which is also reflected in the rankings of the institute. 95.6% of the enrolled students got placed within one year of graduation. Some of the top recruitment companies that hired the students are Accenture, Amazon, Armani, EY, PwC, KPMG, etc.
The tuition and fee for the first year of the SDA Bocconi MIM program are around €14,100 per year. The first instalment of the first year includes –
a) Registration fee – €285,00
b) Regional tax – €140,00
c) Fixed stamp duties – €16,00
d) MAV generation cost – €3,00
The first instalment of the second year fee includes all the above components. The registration fee is around €285,00 and the rest of the amounts of the other three components remain the same.
Scholarships and Awards
There are different kinds of scholarships or awards given by the school for the students of the SDA Bocconi MIM program. The applying procedure needs to be checked for them. Some of them are discussed here –
a) Bocconi Graduate Merit Awards – It awards a complete 100% waiver of tuition fee and is worth €14,000 per year. As the name suggests, it is awarded on the basis of performance of the applicants on different grounds. The result of the award is announced with the admission results.
b) Women Awards – These are awarded exclusively to deserving women candidates. It also awards a complete 100% waiver of tuition fee and is worth €14,000 per year.
c) Bocconi International Award Graduate – This award includes a 50% tuition waiver. It is worth around €6,000 per year.
How to Apply
The first thing to know about applying to the SDA Bocconi MIM program is the application rounds and their deadline dates. There are 5 rounds for this program, the details of which are being mentioned here –
1) Round 1 – One can apply from mid-September till the last week of November in this round. Results come around the first week of January.
2) Round 2 – One can apply from the last week of November till the last week of January in this round. Results come around the second week of March.
3) Round 3 – One can apply from the last week of January till the second week of March in this round. Results come around the last week of April.
4) Round 4 – One can apply from mid-March till the third week of April in this round. Results come around the last week of May.
5) Round 5 – One can apply from the third week of April till the last week of May in this round. Results come around the first week of July.
Check here for essay tips – Application essays, Structured Thinking, Visualization, Story Telling
One can apply to the SDA Bocconi MIM program online through the My Application Portal at their website. An application fee of €100 needs to be paid. The major components that are seen by the Admissions Committee are GMAT/GRE score, GPA score in the undergraduate degree, resume and personal statement. One needs to put all efforts in these to secure a seat at the SDA Bocconi MIM program.
Contributor – Richa Mathur
Marketing & Brand Manager | Content Creator
Subscribe to our Youtube channel here for a variety of videos on Study Abroad, Interviews & Career Guidance.
In case you need any assistance in the application process for the MBA/MIM/MS programs across the globe, feel free to connect with our experts. Book your free consultation now!
#SDA #Bocconi #MIM #Program #Details #Highlights #Vikings #Career