DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
We’re looking for inspired and motivated technical contributors to join the DigitalOcean team as Security Operations Analysts. In this role, you will be a key member of the Cloudways (A DigitalOcean Company) security team, reporting to a Security Operations Team Lead. You will improve the security posture of Cloudways both reactively and proactively, as well as handle tickets and make the internet a safer place. Security Operations Analysts must excel at identifying vulnerabilities, building tactical and strategic mitigation plans, and eliminating bad actors inside the Cloudways platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Investigate, identify and prevent/mitigate abusive activities such as intrusion attempts, DDoS attacks, etc, originating from the Cloudways Platform.
- Locate trends in abuse vectors, communicate with leadership to apprise of extent, and advocate for appropriate product changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Vet abuse claims, respond to reporters, and help customers get back on the platform.
- Work within a queue management system with specific daily targets on the number of customer contacts completed with a high-quality resolution.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end operational process and handle escalations.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Cloudways policies.
- Collaborate with the Security organization and Infrastructure teams to harden accounts, platforms, and service structures to combat hijacks and compromises.
- Understand internal tools and processes and leverage those to drive automation and efficiencies.
- Locate trends in abuse vectors, communicate with leadership, and advocate for appropriate change to prevent future occurrences.
- Use your knowledge of fair use legal standards, as applied to copyright, trademark, and defamation
- Coach and mentor other skilled security practitioners across application, information, and infrastructure security topics.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical education with 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating environments (Debian, Ubuntu, Centos) and different web technologies (apache, nginx, varnish, memcache, mysql, apc, php-fpm, etc).
- Experience in one of the following concentrations: network security, security operations, incident response, intrusion detection systems, policy enforcement, user trust/risk/fraud investigations, product abuse.
- Exceptional analytical thinking through data-driven decisions, as well as technical know-how.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills – ability to set and enforce processes.
- Ability to operate in an Agile and Kanban environment.
- Experience in 24×7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for PaaS/cloud service providers
- Should be an independent player who would be able to work independently on shifts.
- Positive attitude with a desire to keep our customers and the internet safe.
- Bonus: Basic Knowledge of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM)
- Bonus: Knowledge of Programming/Scripting (Python, Bash, Powershell)
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees’ overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.