>> WHAT IS LINKEDIN?
Basically, LinkedIn is a social networking community. It is a place for working professionals, college students to connect with tech recruiters, professors, CEOs, and people belonging to your industry, discuss business ideas, search for jobs and look for new hires, etc.
LinkedIn provides great tools and resources to their users to create resumes, professional-looking profiles that allow other site members to learn more about their business background, their areas of expertise, and groups or organizations they belong to, Also once users create their profile, they can add other users to their network also.
>>ALSO READ:- Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador
>> HOW IT IS BENEFICIAL FOR STUDENTS?
1. Keep an eye on career paths:- By observing the career paths of your seniors, alumni, you can choose your own. This helps you better understand the latest industry operations and insight.
2. Prepare for job interviews:- Keeping a background check is not only the employer’s job, you too can check the interviewer’s profile to have prior knowledge about them. this helps you at the time of interviews a lot.
3. Get endorsement and referrals:- You can expand the network to many levels by telling your connections to refer you to a person you are interested in. or you can refer them too.
4. Grab an internship while still in college:- LinkedIn is a splendid platform to show your skills and grab the opportunity for an internship opening at a good firm.
5. Expand your resume:- Having the limit of a single page resume upload facility in many job applications can prove to be an issue for many who want to share different aspects of their skills, but with LinkedIn, you just have to provide your profile URL and you can get the employer to visit the complete resume.
>> MUST READ:-Top 5 benefits of competitive programming